![]() |
| Photo: Tom Aspinall / Instagram |
UFC interim heavyweight champ Tom Aspinall wants one thing: to become the undisputed heavyweight champion. To do that, he’ll need to face Jon Jones in a title unification fight. But Aspinall isn’t confident that Jones will step into the Octagon with him.
“It’s the only fight to make,” Aspinall said on Tuesday while promoting his campaign with Jose Cuervo. “Now that Jones’ fight with [Stipe Miocic] is done, it’s time to move on with the division. They told me it won’t be long, which is positive.”
Jones, 37, defended his title against Miocic in November at UFC 309. UFC CEO Dana White has said Jones’ next fight should be against Aspinall to unify the belts. However, Jones has hinted at other plans, including retirement or a fight with light heavyweight champ Alex Pereira.
![]() |
| Photo: Jon Jones, Tom Aspinall / Instagram |
Jones recently said he’s negotiating a return for 2025 but didn’t confirm if Aspinall would be his opponent.
Aspinall, 31, is coming off a 60-second knockout win in July to defend his interim title. He’s skeptical about Jones following through on a fight.
“I don’t trust Jon will fight me next,” Aspinall said. “He’s unpredictable. I already think I’m the best heavyweight in the world, but I want to unify the belts now. That’s my focus.”
When asked if he’d wait a year for Jones, Aspinall said it’s not about Jones personally—it’s about becoming the undisputed champ.
“I think waiting 12 months is too much,” he said. “If Jon wants to give up the belt and do something else, that’s fine. I just want the undisputed title, no matter who it’s against.”
For now, Aspinall is ready to take on whoever stands in the way of his goal. Source


Comments
Post a Comment